The Ohio Technology Consortium (OH-TECH) seeks a communications intern to assist with a
variety of resume-building tasks and projects. Google “OARnet and 100Gig” for an example of
the types of projects for which we need help.
Located on the west campus of The Ohio State University, OH-TECH functions as an umbrella
organization for Ohio’s statewide technology infrastructure and provides services for Ohio
higher education, K-12 and state and local government. Consortium members include the Ohio
Supercomputer Center, OARnet, eStudent Services, OhioLINK and the Research and Innovation
Summary of Duties:
Working closely with Outreach staff the student assistant will:
• Write news releases and event descriptions
• Complete copywriting and editing tasks, large and small
• Update the website with news clips, copy, events, etc.
• Assist with writing and producing promotional materials
• Provide support for special events and meetings
• Implement social media strategies for OH-TECH organizations
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience/Education & Specific Knowledge/Skills:
• Sophomore or higher in communications, public relations or journalism preferred but not
• The ideal candidate must have strong writing skills. Familiarity of AP Style, graphic design
programs and/or web and content management systems are beneficial.
• Knowledge of and practical experience with Windows and MAC operating systems.
• Strong problem-solving skills, initiative and willingness to learn required.
Primary business hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. To apply, send your resume, cover
letter, and three writing samples to Susan Mantey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Work-study status is