Rewrites can be 600-700 words. Must have 4 sources in story and at least 3 must be quoted directly. Don’t forget 2 printed copies on Thursday!
1. Get rid of opinion.
2. No first- or second-person writing. That means don’t use I, me, we, our, you, us, etc. unless in a direct quote.
3. AP style.
4. Follow directions.
5. Avoid this construction: When asked about….When asked why. Turn the sentence around to state the fact and the avoid the long wind-up. Readers know you asked questions, they want answers.
6. Attribute everything!
7. Edit ruthlessly. Too many errors in fact.
8. Make sure profile focuses on the main person, not a couple or a business or a team or anything except the main person.
9. Spell checking is NOT editing. It “defiantly” is not editing!
10. You are all nice, smart people, BUT GET RID OF ALL OPINION LIKE THAT IN YOUR PROFILE RE-WRITES.