The Salvation Army in Central Ohio is hiring an intern to work a total of 50 hours between November 26 and December 24. Compensation is $10/hour plus mileage reimbursement.
Some weekend hours involved. Duties include:
• Assist w/ recording and editing digital video (Sony Vegas MovieMaker) for monthly Web video clips
• Design (Photoshop) printed materials for use by the Development Department
• Edit (InDesign) quarterly printed newsletter. Write occasional articles for printed newsletter and e-newsletter.
• Travel to Celebrity Red Kettle locations on weekdays and weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
• Talk with and express appreciation to the volunteer bell ringer.
• Take quality digital photos and digital video shorts of the bell ringers.
• Travel to other Christmas promotional events, such as Christmas Cheer, Adopt-a-Family, and other events.
• Take quality digital photos and digital video shorts of participants.
• Show sensitivity to opportunities to photograph clients who are willing. When not willing, take photos that do not reveal client’s identities.
• Obtain photo releases when possible.
• Upload and organize all photos and videos on external hard drive. Back up photos and videos on network drive.
• When requested, assist with publicity events
• When requested, craft Facebook and Twitter updates based on celebrity bell ringing and other events, in advance of the event and at or shortly after the event.
• Any other tasks as determined by the Community Relations Coordinator.
• Photography portfolio or photography classes
• Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign preferred. Proficiency in Sony Vegas video editing a plus.
• High School Diploma
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle. Must be able to obtain and maintain driving privileges per Salvation Army insurance standards.
• Faculty recommendations a plus.
Interested applicants should send their resume to
Alice Hohl, Community Relations Director
email@example.com or 614.437.2138.